Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mobbin Ain't Easy

I make it look easy but for real, Suburban Mobbin ain't easy. It takes a special kinda gal to live it up in the 'burbs and still be yourself. Sure I have the manicured lawn and a 2 car garage, but I do it my way. Once you step inside its a whole different ball game. I love all things in what is considered the "alternative" lifestyles. You know indy art shows, spoken word,tattoos,graffiti, unsigned singers,rappers and bands , I love all things non-mainstream. Now don't get me wrong I like mainstream stuff too , but at heart I'm an Indy Girl all day. If I could I would live in an older home in one of those new trendy neighborhoods close to the coffee shops and art studios but... I have children and once you have kids the school zones dictate where you live ! So here I am in the suburbs, baking for PTA bake sales, weekend sleeps overs and still trying to fit in a poetry slam. I know some people give me the side eye because I don't fit the typical black woman molds: bougee, ghetto, all natural, religious buff, uber corporate,or super suburban mom. I'm me, maybe a weird mutant version of them all but still just me. So, I'm off. Got some shopping to do! Loading up the SUV and cranking some Hendrix. Whatch out I'm mobbin hard.

1 comment:

  1. I found a kindred soul!
    I pray that you'll have peace through your transition. I will K.I.T. on the Twitter.

    ReplyDelete